Chamber Music Mississauga @home
Special thanks to the Streetsville Bread and Honey Festival and the Hazel McCallion Foundation whose support makes these videos possible.
- Prelude and Gavotte by Reinhold Glière from Huit Morceaux, Op. 39
- Lullaby and Grotesque by Rebecca Clarke
- III. Aires de Tango by Adriana Isabel Figueroa Mañas from Three Argentine Pieces
Rebecca Diderrich shares with us the music that is helping her cope with all the stress of COVID. Many professional musicians, like Rebecca, are out of work and are eagerly seeking outlets for their creativity and passion. Here she shares some solo Bach moments to warm our hearts today.
- J. S. Bach – Prelude & Fugue #24 in B-minor, WTC I (BWV 869)
- F. Chopin – Mazurka Op. 17 #4
- Radiohead (arr. Christopher O’Riley) – Let Down
Richard Moore gives us another glimpse into his studio and he introduces us to a few more of the instruments that he has to play with.
Carla Perrotta, clarinet and Jodi Merritt, bassoon who perform some very engaging repertoire for all of us in isolation.
Rob Wolanski “@home” shares with us some interesting repertoire for the double bass that we seldom have the opportunity to hear.
Angela Schwarzkopf and Kaili Maimets, two beautiful ladies, wonderful musicians and frequent performers with the Chamber Music Society of Mississauga, are the founders of the flute and harp duo The Topaz Duo. Here they are @home, rehearsing and getting ready to launch their new CD.
Richard Moore, a frequent performer with CMSM productions, is an internationally renowned percussionist, drummer, cimbalom, and hammered dulcimer specialist Richard Moore. Here he is @home in his studio sharing with us some of his “toys”.
- Sonata No 5 for 2 bassoons by Boismortier (unknown composer and favourite of bassoonists; Kristin records both parts)
- Sarabande from the Partita for solo flute by J.S. Bach (arrangement of well-known composer)
- Two waltzes for solo bassoon by Francisco Mignone (unknown composer; favourite of bassoonists)
- Una Voce Poco Fa from the Barber of Seville, arranged for two bassoons (again Kristin on both parts)